Depending on the Excel version you are using, you might not be able to save your file in the CSV UTF-8 format directly. Saving your file in this format is important to ensure the correct visualisation and printing of all signs including special characters, language specific letters etc.
However, it is possible to save the file in the correct format by following some steps:
- Open Excel and create the table of your choice.
- Go to File and then Save as and choose the location where you want to save your file.
- At Save as type select CSV (Comma delimited) and press Save.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen that some features might be lost. Please press Yes.
- Close Excel. If a pop-up window appears asking you to save changes, please press No.
- Now right-click on the file you just saved, click Open with and then select Notepad.
- Go to File and then Save as. At the bottom of the window you will find a dropdown list called Encoding, there select UTF-8 and press Save.
Note: It is crucial to NOT change the name of the file. If you change the name, a separate text file will be saved which cannot be imported to the e-mark app.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen asking you if you want to replace the file, please press Yes.
- Proceed with importing the file to your e-mark app.
Note: If you change or add data in your already saved file, you will have to carry out the steps again because the Excel file will reset the format.