With the e-mark desktop software you can now also print sequential imprints by using a CSV file. Please follow the steps:
- Create an Excel list and save as CSV. The data of every line in your excel list will be represented in one imprint
- Click File -> Save As
- You will see the Save dialog box. Via the file format dropdown menu, select the CSV UTF-8 option -> Click Save
Note: If you cannot find the CSV UTF-8 saving option, please have a look at "I do not see the option to save my Excel file as CSV UTF-8. What can I do?"
- Open the e-mark desktop software and create a new imprint (New imprint – create new)
- In the editor, go to settings at the top, click on the blue “Add file” button and upload your CSV file. Then select your CSV document at “Select file”. The delimiter is usually a “;” – enter “;” or other sign as defined
- Now create your imprint with the variables (columns) from the CSV file:
- Click on “Text”
- Click on the “My data” icon: select the variables you want to have in your imprint such as name, phone number, mail,… -> each imprint will show the data of one text line of your original CSV file
- Change font style, colour,… as you like and add images, date, or other elements to your imprint
- Save, and then print!
Usually, data sets are varying in length (different names, addresses,…), therefore it’s recommended to position different variables underneath and not beside each other. Images are best to be put at the left side of the imprint!
- Transfer the imprint to the e-mark connect page. Connect to your e-mark and then send the first imprint -> The next imprints will be sent line by line. You had a mistake or want to print only a specific line? No worries! Just click on “Line” and select the data line that you want to print.